Wednesday, January 14, 2009

gateway fpd1730

 

The gateway fpd1730 monitor is so easy to fix I was surprised. What fails is a mini brown colored fuse on the small board that is next to the main board. I remove that 4 amp fuse and solder jumper leads to the connections and then install a 5 amp fuse. If this doesn't fix the problem and the screen flashes for a second there are two transformers on that same small board. What happened is the solder gets hot on these connections and when they cool off the solder doesn't give a good connection. All I do is resolder all of the leads on those transformers. I have fixed 4 of these monitors and all 4 repairs have been reliable. That inverter board is listed for sale online for 75.00 and I would say my repairs take maybe 15 minutes and you can get your monitor up and running a lot cheaper. I did buy some magnifier glasses that help me but those were only 2.00 surplus compared to 12.00 at Walmart and 18.00 at Barnes and Noble. Gateway screwed a bunch of people with this model LCD screen but since it is so easy to fix my hat is off to Gateway


Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment